Rotala Indica ‘Bonsai’ is a rare and hard to find plant, not to be confused with the common Rotala Indica. This plant grows much slower compared to other stem plants and may be suitable for smaller tanks. This plant is considered harder to keep and not suitable for beginners. It often melts when planted submerged so it helps to grow it emersed first
Under high lighting, CO2 and the addition of fertilizers, the tips of the stems will develop a reddish orange hue.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.